[TenTec] Arrl and code

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at qsl.net
Sun Dec 17 18:13:13 EST 2006

Years ago, ARRL was dominated by cw types, but the balance shifted when
the old guard started retiring. Now they are just trying anything they
can to get more licensed hams. CW is not politically correct nor are
nets in the eyes of ARRL and the FCC. They put a happy spin on the phone
band expansion, saying how much fun 75 meter is now. They completely
ignored the fact that almost 100 CW and RTTY nets had to change
frequencies on short notice. ARRL didn't even try to coordinate the
transition.

I wonder if W1AW will drop code practice and CW bulletins.

Not to worry. BPL will soon make SSB unusable. The only thing that will
get through is CW and PSK-31.

Let's not let this Grinch spoil Christmas. Don't forget, straight key
night is coming.

					73,

					Bob WB2VUF