[TenTec] No more need

Charles Delaune chas118 at cableone.net
Sun Dec 17 21:32:26 EST 2006

Judging from what I've been reading so far -- I feel it safe to say that
I'll be preaching to the choir with my feelings on the subject.
None-the-less, I'll put my two cents in the pot...

If nothing else, the Morse code requirement was, at the very least, a
tradition, that made me feel like I accomplished something when I HAD to
learn it to get my first Ham ticket, and the content of the theory element
of the higher class exams were such that you had to have a real
understanding of radio theory/electronics as opposed to the Mickey Mouse
questions that have been used in the question pool for the past 15 years or
so. In other words, the written elements have been so watered-down,
memorization has slowly taken the place of study and learning. So, now that
CW will no longer be a requirement and the written exams have been such a
joke, my question now is ...WHERE'S THE CHALLENGE??? Or, has this concept,
like CW, been declared antiquated, and has now fallen victim to political
correctness?

N5BLY--Charlie