[TenTec] FCC Eliminates CW Exam & Orion II

M. Todd Miskel kt0dd at bresnan.net
Tue Dec 19 20:50:21 EST 2006

Hi all, since the FCC is eliminating the CW exam, my next "Fix it" list to dits-n-bits for the Orion II will include the following software upgrades...

1. Switchable "Roger Beep"
2. Echo box with adjustable reverb control & super modulation settings
3. Bomb drop, toilet flush, and whistling jupiter sound effects.
4. User settable peak & tweak controls... oh it has those already...hi hi...

I also think Ten Tec should include a golden screwdriver free of charge with every new Orion II. After all, we need to make the Orion II as attractive to the new no code / former 11 meter freeband operators as the Galaxy/Ranger/Magnum radios are...hi hi.

Respectfully submitted "Tongue in Cheek"...  73, Todd - KT0DD