[TenTec] Orion 1

Richard Robinson nw4p at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 22 13:12:18 EST 2006

Gentleman,
Following this conversation on output of audio...I personally think that
maintaing clean audio is  what really stands out on SSB... To hear loud,
peaked, compressed, clipped,etc. audio to me, is  irritating... I would
rather hear a  100 watt signal properly  transmitted than a 1500 watt
splatter...There are some nice, high output signals out there but
occasionally these come along... I know some individuals use an amp that in
tuned to put out 1500 watts on the valleys with 2000-2500 on the peaks..
Anyway, just had to jump in....
Best to all and 73,  Richard  NW4P