[TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??

RM kamar at inr.net
Sat Dec 23 12:10:49 EST 2006

Goodness,

Every one is an expert or not.....

The Orion is for hard core contesting or Dx Chasing, especially in crowded
band conditions.  Take a look at the chart at
http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

I would consider any one that made such a statement mis-informed or doesn't
understand what the chart is portraying.  In the crowded contest or DX
actions with strong adjacent signals, the Orion is the rig.  (In addition to
my Orion II and Orion I, I've owned and/or have experience with Icom's 765
and 775, Kenwood's TS930 and TS940, and Yaesu's FT-1000D........All decent
rigs but can not compete with the Orion in crowded bands with strong
adjacent signals.

Ron, NU1U