[TenTec] Help request on Orion I

Lee Armitage LEE at GJ.NET
Fri Dec 22 13:19:50 EST 2006

I sent the email shown below last night and received an auto responder that the Service Department at Ten Tec was closed for the next four days for Christmas.

It is an Orion I S/N 04C10584 running 1.372 firmware. The jumper wire mod has not been done for Version 2.

I thought perhaps another Orion owner reading this reflector may have had the same problem and could give me some direction.

I have only had the Orion I for a week and am in the early learning stages with the manual. Definitely an Orion newbie.

Power supply is Astron RS-35M with 13.78 output with rig on.

I did a Master Reset and cleared user memory when I got the rig last week.

The only thought I have had and this is a wild guess on my part is to download the 1.372 firmware from Ten Tec or get it from a local friend that has it on CD and reinstall the firmware. Does this make any sense?

I would prefer not to spent $150 round trip shipping to Ten Tec if this an operator error on my part.

Thank you in advance for any ideas or suggestions anyone has.

Lee Armitage
N0LYW/AE
Western Colorado
970-234-8989