[TenTec] Orion NR / SSB settings

Charles Delaune chas118 at cableone.net
Sun Dec 24 17:48:12 EST 2006

Whenever I use the NR on my OII I find the setting of 5 to be a good
compromise between the raspy audio induced by the NR for  weak signals and
the flawless performance the NR presents with strong signals. I've also
experimented with using the NR in conjunction with reduced settings of the
RF GAIN. With stronger signals, you can damn near wipe out ANY trace of
white noise/static crashes when these two controls are used together.

73 - N5BLY