[TenTec] Hardware FSK

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sat Dec 30 00:25:34 EST 2006

I have a BuxComm Rascal interface with the FSK option. Basically, all
that option does to the base Rascal is add another opto isolator an
connect it to the TxD line from the serial port. The opto isolator is
just soldered piggy back on top of the PTT opto with the necessary pins
bent straight out and wires soldered to them directly. While the PTT
opto is driven through a resistor from the RTS or DTR line and has a LED
to indicate when it is on, the FSK opto is driven directly from the TXD
line.

73,
Mark