[TenTec] Titan III

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Sun Dec 31 14:06:00 EST 2006

> tubes was jarred loose from its socket and that I should
> double check them when I get the amp back, and install the
> transformer. Those UPS idiots must have flipped the box
> upside down and dropped it to cause a tube to jar loose.

My Orion II came back from T-T Service sliding loose in the box.  The carton
had apparently been dropped on its sides and ends so many times by UPS that
all three of the side/end supports in the shipping carton were literally
flattened.  Fortunately, the front panel support was largely intact,
although it was split on one edge, so the radio had been dropped squarely on
its face at least once.  Luckily, the radio was fine, even though the
shipping carton was a total loss ...

I have to admit that of several times I have shipped an Orion/II, this is
the only time such severe carton destruction occurred.  But once is all it
takes.

Grant/NQ5T