[TenTec] Loop/open wire/AH3

William wjsmorrison at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 1 22:33:12 EST 2006

I neglected to mention that I intend to mount the AH3 outdoors so the coax
leading to the Argonaut will only be about 8 feet long.  I could end up
having more coax coiled into a balun arrangement than the total feedline
length.  The open wire portion won't be very long either so what I lack in
height will be compensated somewhat by lower losses---I hope.

It will be a skewed loop since I can only get up three of the trees so the
NW corner will be the lowest point.  It will be interesting to see how it
works.  Now if my Argonaut would only get back from Ten Tec as it is almost
one month since it arrived there.

Bill
Rigless in B.C.