[TenTec] openwire feed OT

Randy Russe3ll lord_russell53 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 13:47:18 EST 2006

Well, it doesn't have to be that hard.  For the
original poster who just wanted a temporary set-up,
the easiest thing is to bring them through a window
sash. I simply crack my shack window 3 1/2 ", run a
strip of 1"x4" painted wood, and cut two slits in it
for the wires to fit in.  A drop of caulking to hold
the wires (I use insulated wire anyway)and your done.
You can also adjust feedline lengths easily without
cutting the feedline. To secure the window from
opening, I cut two strips of wood to wedge in the
slides, and it's better than locking it.  For a more
permament installation, what would be wrong with using
FEED THRU INSULATORS? a
pair of these and whatever length feedthrough bolt you
need will get you through your walls.  Simply cut a
PVC pipe sleeve long enough to go through the wall
around the bolt, and you have insulatiuon for high
power applications.  Here, this is exactly the
application they make these things for:

http://www.surplussales.com/Antennas/Antennas-6.html