[TenTec] Heil/Ten-Tec Studio One

Charles Greene crgreene at cox.net
Fri Feb 3 22:37:57 EST 2006

Good article,

I modified my Omni-IV by installing two 2.8 Khz Inrad filters in
place of the two stock 2.4 Khz filters and it made a big improvement
in intelligibility.

I don't know how much the Studio One microphone costs, but Heil sells
the PR20, a reasonably priced studio quality cardiod pattern dynamic
mike, for us non Orion user hams.  Check it out.

As for Al Kahn the founder of Electro Voice, I have an EV model 619
dynamic mike, now classified in the "antique" category.

73,  Chas, W1CG