[TenTec] S meter and RF gain

Toby Pennington toby423 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 9 19:13:16 EST 2006

Bill,  there is nothing to get.  I am merely stating that I would like the
RF gain to be independent of the S meter and prefer it to work like it does
in the 1.xxx version of software, instead of the way it works in the O2 and
the 2.0 firmware.

This best suits my method of operating.  I have operated rigs like the Pro 3
and found myself having to continually run the RF Gain up to get S meter
reading and then back down with the Rf gain.   In the case of the Pro 3 the
RF gain had to be turned down considerably to be able to do QSK cw. (Not a
very good rig for QSK cw)   Sold it!

This is my preference of the way the RF gain and the S meter should work.
Toby  W4CAK