[TenTec] re Blowup no. 5

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:01:12 EST 2006

<<<I also took the precaution of setting up so that I can adjust my tuners
via an MFJ analyzer before switching the rig over to them.>>>

I always do this now.  In fact, this is 95% of what I use my analyzer for.
with 20 mw. out from the analyzer, i never put an objectionable sig. on the
air while i'm adjusting a tuner.  then i bypass the tuner and switch on a
dummy load and tune the amp (if i'm using it) and switch in the tuner and
antenna.  Ready to go without ever tuning anything up with rf on the
antenna.

I hate to say it Larry but if I were you I'd throw in the towel on this one.
   You can continue to get the rig repaired and throw money at the problem
but some things are just plain weird and you may never know what's going on.
  I'd get it fixed and cut my losses by trading it in to Ten Tec on another
rig.  GL

rob / k5uj