[TenTec] ISRAEL: looking for a TenTec rig

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Feb 14 01:05:26 EST 2006

I'm in Israel and am looking for a TenTec rig. I'd prefer something in
the range of a Corsair (or II) or a Paragon (or II), but I'm open to
most offers. I can't afford an Omni, and I want the rig for SSB so a CW
only rig won't do.

As long as the rig is in good working order, I'm not too fussy about looks.

I already have a Triton IV digital, so I'd like something that is a "step up".

In order to buy one from the U.S., I'd have to get an import permit and
fight with the post office, so besides trusting someone over six
thousand miles away, it's too much for me to handle.

While I expect that anyone one this list would be honest, I would not be
able to verify the condition of the rig before paying a lot of shipping
and 17% tax (on the radio and shipping) so an auction site or swap net
would be out.

Unless the rig is in Jerusalem, it would be very difficult, if not impossible
for me to come to you. I could get someone to pick it up in the Tel Aviv area,
but they will not be a ham.

Filters (even cw), a power supply or external VFO, matching speaker, etc
would be a plus, but are not necessary.

I would even settle for an "off brand" rig, like a TR-7. :-)

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838