[TenTec] Orion Ver 2?

Don and Diana Cunningham wb5hak at duracom.net
Tue Feb 14 10:44:00 EST 2006

Bob,
I was on 160m SSB last night, both with the old software, then after I
updated, so kinda saw both versions at the "same time", and it is DEFINITELY
better to my old ears.  Also, that sweep is something one can use now!!  I
did notice one thing, several had reported a "whiteout" with the display
upon making the change.  Although I thought the display was much nicer, I
didn't have as drastic a change as they reported.  Then this morning, when I
first turned the rig on, there was the whiteout reported, and was nearly
completely washed out.  I reduced the contrast to about the 34 all reported
(had been at about 50% till then), and it is even better than it was last
night.  Crisp and clear.  Good job guys!!  I am having trouble getting the
MicroKeyer and MMTTY going this morning, but I had moved things and
unplugged everything.  Not receiveing at all.  Then I saw Geoff's post, so
maybe my AUX OUT signal is too low.  Anyone know from memory if we can
adjust that??  Reading the book........................
73,
Don, WB5HAK