[TenTec] Orion II - Observations and Quirks

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Tue Feb 14 12:04:52 EST 2006

I had a minor RF problem too, and traced it to the headphone input and the
CW key paddles.  I wrapped a few turns of headphone cable on a ferrite loop,
and used a small snap-on ferrite on the paddle input and cured the problem
100%.  I only noticed the RF on 10 meters, running 1.5 kW with the beam
oriented right over the shack.

Prior to getting the O2 there was also RF getting into the W2IHY box after I
shortened the mic cable from 20' to 8' (quarter wave on 10...I shoulda
thought about that first!), but a ferrite loop fixed that, too.

Ron
N6AHA