[TenTec] Help with New Orion II

RM royalct at inr.net
Tue Feb 14 16:29:19 EST 2006

Instead of using the 'auto' mode for selecting the roofing filters I
manually select the roofing filter; that's my preference from the early use
of the Orion 1 before the software took care of the lag in the selection.
But if one is prone to forget set the roofing filter to auto.

I received my Orion II this afternoon and haven't had a chance to drive it.
However, in the heavy infested upper part of 40 mtr CW, my Orion 1 had no
problems with getting down to a single signal.  That is except when those
'other' signals whose signal (splatter) cross into your bandwidth.

As others have suggested switch the CW mode to the other (UCW to LCW or LCW
to UCW) CW mode.......use the tools; this will probably get rid of the
offending station.

Ron, NU1U