[TenTec] Orion I V2 beta

Toby Pennington toby423 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 14 17:48:49 EST 2006

Mark,  The audio indeed is rougher on the edges and not as robust as in
1.xxx versions.  Here are a few other issues for someone to confirm and then
report...........

1. SP is not working,  very little change between settings of 1 to 9
2. The rolloff is acting like a VFO,  the higher you roll it up the lower
the transmit frequency
    is,  and the lower you roll it off the higher the transmit frequency
goes.  In other words,
    instead of the rolloff changing the audio it is changing the transmit
frequency of the rig.
    This is according to on the air tests made this afternoon.
3. Hardware noise blanker actually increases noise instead of reducing
noise.  This was
    checked out on a quiet band.  Some disagreement on this issue.
4. The loss of audio when going from 200hz down to 100hz  cw mode seems to
be in the
     order of 4 to 5 db loss.  Too much loss of audio.

All this needs to be confirmed by others.     Toby  W4CAK