[TenTec] V2 update...

Bob Cunnings cunnings at lectrosonics.com
Wed Feb 15 12:23:58 EST 2006

I took the plunge myself - implemented the hardware mod and loaded v2 beta
code.

I was very pleased with the result. In reference to your notes below:

1. yes, I found that a contrast setting of 30 worked for me, was at 45
myself with v1.371
2. same here, I use 9 myself for cw timing
3. AM not yet checked
4. well, condx are condx but the I'm warming up to the new (to me) unified
rf gain/agc control setup which makes it easy to set gain correctly. The
"new" S meter behavior suits me fine.
5. worked a w3!
6. yes, I settled on 10 myself for sidetone level, used 20 with v1.371
7. didn't have a mic, no phone mode checks
8. sweep much better, I always liked using it to see activity in the
"neighborhood".

I'm a cw op and don't even have a working mic right now so can't check ssb
features.

NR seemed to be improved on cw sigs. The hardware noise blanker seems to
work exactly as in 1.371.

So far no sign of instability.

Bob NW8L