[TenTec] Orion monitor in v2 beta

Martin, AA6E martin.ewing at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:05:56 EST 2006

Chuck,

The SP is really strange in this firmware release.  The SP seems to
work by ramping up the audio gain until whatever audio you have
(background noise etc) starts to fully modulate the rig to 100 W (or
whatever power level you set).  The SP number only controls how fast
the gain is increased (dB per second).  If you provide a real mic
input (talking), the gain backs off to give you the "right" amount of
processing.  I find that I can use SP1 as long as I keep talking at a
normal pace.  The MIC level has to be set lower than you would use for
SP OFF.

Hopefully, TT will make the SP work the way it used to, which was fine by me.

73 Martin AA6E