[TenTec] Dream with me

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:41:13 EST 2006

You guys are pikers.  $15,000?  If we're gg to play fantasy radio, let's
think big.  You didn't even order a couple of rx340s.

Let's start with a fully equipped maintenance shop with the latest Tektronix
and HP test gear.  That should take care of around $200K right there.

the K5UJ 10-20 m. system would consist of 4 tx sites, each on 20 acres,
consisting of 60 vertical in-phase dipoles suspended in front of a screen
and hanging between two 250 foot towers.  Locations would be in New England,
Fla., S. Calif. and Washington State.

On 160, spokes of phased Franklins, painted and lamped, oh, maybe 4 to a
spoke (i'm modest) and this would be for transmitting.   Located down South
somewhere where the ground conductivity is good.  ISDN lines connecting the
Chicago Operations Center with the antenna sites.  If you picture Voice of
America but substitute K5UJ for VOA you'll about have it right with 1.5 kw.
Still working on 40 and 80.   I'd talk about the radio gear, but I have to
quit for now and take a sedative.

73,
rob / k5uj