[TenTec] O2_CW_SEND1_PROBLEM

Lin Davis linbdavis at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 19 00:26:04 EST 2006

John,
No problem. The noise that occurs is so loud it hurts my ears when it happens
(wearing headphones). I believe that there is a combination or combinations of
settings that case the DSP to get a bad code load from the processor, which
causes the DSP to hang - there is no recovery that I can find short of powering
the rig off and on again, as you have found. Also note that the sub receiver
audio is likewise effected. The rest of the radio appears to function normally
in my case. Next time it happens, I'll make more detailed notes and post it here
and to ditsnbits.
Also, once it occurs, I can repeatedly make it happen by merely cycling through
the BinRx choices. If it doesn't occur on the first time through the choices, it
does so on the second or sometimes on the third. Weird.

73,
Lin
WB1AIW