[TenTec] Question about FSK with Orion II

Larry Menzel retire at means.net
Sun Feb 19 13:16:10 EST 2006

How silly of me!  Obviously the TT "dongle" has no pin 7. It's a 5 pin DIN.

You have to make up a new DIN plug, as you can see from previous posts.  Not
a hard thing, of course, but be careful if you're going to maintain the
integrity of the audio lines, pins 1, 4 and 6 which should be shielded. Your
"new" plug may look a bit funny, unless you can find some 8 wire stuff with
three shielded pairs (assumes a common ground I suspect), at least that what
Stan at TT told me.  How would one go about that, anyhow?

While pin 5 currently has NC, it would be wise to at least make provision
for its future use in your connector and then not connect it on the far end.

Larry, N0XB