[TenTec] Orion II Frequency Stability Progress

CATFISHTWO@aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 14:17:40 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/20/2006 8:59:50 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ronc at sonic.net writes:

Keeping  it on would fix the problem...but I'm sure it would eventually take
its  toll on component life.  I ran across a Peltier device while I was
researching this, and very briefly considered pursuing that, but it was a
bit to sophisticated and costly, but a good idea anyway!

Easy  enough to retune to the other station's frequency if they are off 20
Hz,  but during a net it's kind of a drag tuning up and down all the time  :-]

Ron
N6AHA

I always tune them in by ear and don't even look at the dial..  as  long as
we are all on the same freq it don't matter..:)

tom N6AJR