[TenTec] Orion 500hz CW filter

Joseph Trombino Jr w2kj at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 20 23:16:05 EST 2006

Believe the switch to the Inrad 600hz 4 pole filter instead of the stock Ten
Tec 500hz CW filter was made because of increased IMD when using the Ten Tec
filter.

Believe an amp was turned on when the 500hz Ten Tec filter was selected to
make up for the loss of the filter but this amp caused the increased IMD.

The Inrad 762 filter is installed in the spot taken up by the 1khz filter
and I think the stock Ten Tec 500hz filter is pulled altogether.

I wonder if it is possible to keep the 1khz filter as is and install the
Inrad filter in the place of the 500hz filter and also somehow disable the
amp that follows this filter.

This would keep the 1khz filter in its original place.

Can the amp following the 500hz Ten Tec filter be disabled easily (or at
all)????

Just some rambling thoughts....I have a 762 on the way and was wondering how
to keep the 1khz filter in its original place but also make use of the 762.

                                        73, Joe W2KJ