[TenTec] QST AD

K4IA@aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Tue Feb 21 17:31:44 EST 2006

For whatever reason, QST reviews follow Winnie the Pooh's advice: "If you
can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."   (At least, I  think Pooh
said that).  You really have to read between the lines and watch  for
"condemnation by faint praise" to be able to make much sense out of the  reviews.  If
they don't praise some aspect of the equipment it is probably  because it is
awful.  QST is definitely not Consumer Reports.

That is a step better than Scuba Diver magazine.  They never saw  a piece of
equipment or dive destination that wasn't fantastic.  CQ  magazine reviews are
like that.  I think they are written by the  manufacturers.

I'd like to see harder hitting reviews with some critical discussion.   The
only place you can get the ugly side of things is by reading the  comments on
eHam and they are not very scientific.

K4ia  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA