[TenTec] Orion shipping

Don and Diana Cunningham wb5hak at duracom.net
Thu Feb 23 12:41:21 EST 2006

Thanks for the assurances, Larry, but my Orion box always came in looking
like John described ("dragged behind the truck")!!  I too wish Ten Tec would
at least consider an outside box OVER the original box.  Thank goodness for
the false bottom they provide OR my original Orion would have been history.
Had a 2 x 2" hole punched right in the area that the false bottom protects!
If the rig had been there, lotsa luck!  I had a friend shipping a foamed in
place Kenwood TL-922 amp, UPS damaged it heavily, and it took him nearly 3
months to get any settlement, so glad you got yours quickly.  He found that
UPS is self insured while he was fighting the mess.
73 all,
Don, WB5HAK