[TenTec] a 516 finds a new home

Greg Tomerlin - K4KO k4ko at charter.net
Fri Feb 24 08:23:24 EST 2006

Hello Roger.  Don't you worry about the little Argo.  It's happy and getting
plenty attention.  Sunday night I played with it for a couple hours on 40 & 80M
during the Run For The Bacon sprint.  Conditions were awful with lots of QRN,
but I had fun and made about 20 contacts.  Best one was NT6K on 80M through S7
noise with < 2W.  I claimed to be running 5W, but had the PWR knob turned all
the way counter clockwise... best I can determine that's about 1.75W.  Did I
ever tell you I LOVE this radio?  If you get in too bad a way, maybe we can
arrange a time for you to come visit it... but don't be disappointed if it no
longer recognizes you.

You'll be glad to hear I now have a companion for it.  The little TenTec 40M
xcvr that Ron built looks good next to the Argonaut V.  They look good together.
  I have not yet had the 1340 on the air, but I plan to give it a go this
weekend.  I have a 40M sloper hanging out there just begging to be used so I'm
going to hook the 1340 to it and leave it there.

I hope you and Evelyn are doing alright.

73  Greg  K4KO