[TenTec] Orion II Noise Blankers

BobK8IA@aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Fri Feb 24 15:55:18 EST 2006

Have had my Orion II a week now. Really a terrific radio. A real  contesters
and DXers tool, and thats about all I do.

One item that puzzles me is whether or not the two Noise Blankers  really
work, or maybe I have a problem here.

First of all, I do have some line noise in the area. My old radio's  (IC-765)
noise blanker attacked that noise somewhat. At least you could tell it  was
doing "something".

Both the hardware and software noise blankers in the Orion II dont  seem to
be doing much, if anything. The digital NR certainly operates as I can  hear
that one kick in.

I did a master reset and no difference.

Anyone else notice my problem?

73, Bob  K8IA