[TenTec] Orion II and Centurion

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Sat Feb 25 15:58:01 EST 2006

I should have added:

When using speech processing, your peak power may actually be lower,
depending on the capability of your amplifier high voltage power supply.
If you can see your HV drop during key down, then you may be operating
with a slightly lower plate voltage during the peaks when using speech
processing. Without speech processing, the filter capacitors in the HV
supply may charge to a slightly higher voltage between peaks, resulting
in a higher plate voltage available when the peaks come along. Probably
the only HV supplies that do not drop voltage significantly during key
down are over built home brew supplies. Probably all commercially built
amateur HV supplies that come in or with amplifiers have significant
voltage drop under full load. So the peak power output is likely
actually lower with speech processing, even if the average power is higher.

DE N6KB