[TenTec] Voltages on 262G power supply

Danny Shaver n5nbk at nortexinfo.net
Sat Feb 25 18:14:59 EST 2006

Hello Ten-tec techies, I need some help!!
I have a 262G power supply that I just got with a Triton IV.
I am getting distorted SSB transmit reports when I turn the ALC up all the way on all bands. It is fine when I put the  ALC at about 50%.
The voltage out of the supply is 12.95 volts on receive. In transmit with 50% ALC it drops to 12.5 to 12.67 volts, and at 100% ALC it goes to 12.24 to 12.35, depending on band. I am testing into a 50 ohm dummy load. What do you think?? Thank you for your help in advance.

Dan N5NBK