[TenTec] [Orion] Orion II Noise Blankers

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Sun Feb 26 11:48:43 EST 2006

Find a free "hex editor" if you don't have one already, and simply open the
file with it.  You'll see a neatly laid-out, extremely long but totally
incomprehensible matrix of hex numbers.  It goes on for thousands of lines.
Here is a link to a free hex editor:

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

It goes without saying, don't change anything in the file if you plan on
uploading that particular copy of it in the future.

BTW, there may come a time when information comes from TT or someone who
really understands this stuff, to customize the radio on your own by editing
the firmware.  I recently used a hex editor to "hack" the firmware on my
Motorola cell phone, which actually is a software-defined-radio of sorts, to
fix a couple of annoying problems involving low volume.  All the info to do
that was on the Internet.

Ron N6AHA