[TenTec] SKN results - Martin AA6E - I almost called you!

Darwin, Keith Keith.Darwin at goodrich.com
Mon Jan 2 10:45:16 EST 2006

I was tuning around yesterday p.m. and heard AA6E calling CQ.  I was
about to call (I like to work stations with those crazy 2x1 calls ending
in E) but he didn't specify CQ SKN.  I moved on.

Ahhh, it was you and you WERE working SKN!  My loss!

And I did work a guy running a DX60.  Someone in CO IIRC.

I operated with my Nye Master straight key.  I love the key for it's
very quiet operation.  I use it often even on non-SKN times.  It gets
about 50% usage for rag chews or contacts where speed is 15 or less -
which for me, after being QRT 5 yrs is most QSOs :-)

So when I get some time, I'll be on 40 CW again and will probably be
using the straight key again.  It's just plain fun and so far folks seem
to be able to copy me.

- Keith KD1E -