[TenTec] Argo V receive messed up

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 4 14:10:38 EST 2006

For ease of diagnosing your receiver problem, I would temporarily NOT use
the long wire, but instead, make up a simple half wave dipole for 20m and
test with that.

If you still have problems receiving with this front end overload you seem
to be describing, you have definitely have something set wrong or have a
problem.

Carefully review the instructions for suggested setting of the various
controls.  Then, if you still have the problem immediately call Ten Tec for
advice.  They are quite good at diagnosing and suggesting tests over the
phone.  They may be able to ship you a board to replace something amiss.  As
a last resort, you can ship it back to them for quick service.

My Argonaut V has been excellent in strong signal situations at Field Day
and can operate next to other 100 watt FD stations feeding large gain
antennas with NO RFI problems, even on the same band.  (IE one station in CW
end, and other in phone end.)

GL,
Stuart
K5KVH