[TenTec] Orion II Curiosity

Barry LaZar k3ndm at arrl.net
Sun Jan 8 19:29:25 EST 2006

	The way I'm lashed up here in the shack has a power meter continuously on
line. I looked up to see how much I was putting out with the Orion II and
discovered that I was showing about 35-50 watts average on SSB. I changed
mode to CW and found I was putting out about 105-110 Watts.
	I changed over to my Kenwood TS-50 which I have used to reach out and touch
people all over the world to see what I would read with it. I discovered
that the average was about 75 watts.
	I went back to the Orion II to see if I missed something in my setup, mic
gain or something. Nothing I played with seemed to allow me to kick up more
power. I played with the speech processor and the mic gain. All I could see
was that I was affecting the ALC, not much else. OK folks, what am I
missing?

73,
Barry
K3NDM