[TenTec] re Orion II curiosity

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 17:15:11 EST 2006

tnx very much Joe but I'd like to correct one glaring error--throughout i
wrote AGC when I meant ALC.  Pse read ALC whenever you see AGC in my post.

the alphabet soup will be the death of me.   the dummy load test is an
excellent idea.  I always forget to mention that.

I also noted the fellow with the problem had full output on cw.  Whenever I
had excess ALC, it affected only ssb; cw was always fine.  perhaps ALC is
only active in phone where the output is extremely dynamic.

73,
rob / k5uj

Rob,

Well put on all points!

One other thought would be that a test into a good, solidly connected,
dummy load should eliminate RF as an issue and verify proper operation
under even more ideal conditions.

73, Joel, W1ZR