[TenTec] Anyone set up two Omni 6's to work split?

Chuck Gerarden cgerarden at atomix.com
Mon Jan 9 21:02:50 EST 2006

I have 2 Omni VI+ set up this way. I use a DX Doubler SO2R controller
that can be used in a manual mode for key, mic, and audio switching or
in the auto mode with TRLog software for contesting. I use separate
antennas for each radio selected by a WX0B SixPack controller. All works
great. never any problem. Radio 1 I consider the "all band station"
connected through a 500 HERC II amp to an all band vertical selected by
the six pack. Other radio goes to a  Ten Tec 425 amp with 1500 watts to
a pair of phased 3 element Steppir's. antennas can be randomly switched
using the six pack box and relay controller.

I replaced an Orion with this setup and it works about 10 time better.
You can all kill me if you want but the Orion is a crappy CW contest
radio but a better SSB radio than the Omni VI+.

Those expecting a software upgrade for Orion I, Ha, Ha Ha good luck.
There will be a token release but it wont fix the problems that can only
be done in hardware. I am very disappointed on how Ten Tec screwed over
the hams by not making an upgradable Orion I. I hear they are working on
an new radio code named Uranus.

W0DLE