[TenTec] Argonaut V Audio

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 18:41:27 EST 2006

>From my experiments, 300hz (and below) is negligable.
I suspect if the transmit audio is noticably "thin",
there more attenuation at other frequencies. At 400hz
or 500hz it's pretty obvious.

Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V Audio
from [joel hallas]

Stuart,

I certainly agree with you, all except for the words
"optimum" and "proved". I have this vision that the
Bell Labs folk who defined those limits were male folk
with more grey hair than I have! 300-3000 is perfect
for both their transmission and reception, but put a 7
year old granddaughter on the line and you will
quickly decide they might have looked a bit wider!

OTOH for us old(ish) mostly male hams (who aren't
allowed to play the flute on the air, anyhow) it is
perfect!

73, Joel, W1ZR