[TenTec] FS: Corsair II, etc.

Ronald Hands rhands at mountaincable.net
Fri Jan 13 14:48:14 EST 2006

After 54 years at it, I’ve decided I’m tired of ham radio.

As a result, I’ve decided to offer for sale my Corsair II, which
is very clean and  from a non-smoking environment, and has all
three extra filters (1.8, 500 and 250).   I’ve changed the
bandswitch knob to one that has a brass sleeve (the original
cracked and became unusable) and as far as I know there are no
other mods to the rig.  I bought the Corsair from a ham in New
Brunswick in 1997 and sent it to TenTec to be checked out (one
loose connection) shortly thereafter.  It’s worked well, both on
QRP cw and full-power SSB, ever since.

Also have a clean 961 power supply.

And the third item is an MFJ 784b DSP unit, which makes a
terrific addition to a Corsair station since it smoothes out the
cw sidetone and provides significant noise reduction, nulling of
unwanted carriers on both cw (manual) and phone (automatic), and
an almost infinite choice of bandwidth selections.

Asking $525 U.S. plus shipping for the Corsair II and $140 U.S.
plus shipping for the 961 supply.  These are offered as a package
unless someone just wants the Corsair II.  I don’t wish to sell
the 961 supply separately unless the transceiver goes first.
Asking $150 U.S. plus shipping for the DSP unit.

Manuals supplied for all items.

Pictures can be seen at:

Corsair II
http://www.mountaincable.net/~rhands/allcorsair.jpg

961 supply
http://www.mountaincable.net/~rhands/all961.jpg

DSP unit
http://www.mountaincable.net/~rhands/alldsp.jpg

Tell me your zip code and I’ll provide shipping costs, via Canada
Post Expedited Parcel, from Hamilton, ON.  I can take PayPal or
International Money Order (obtainable from U.S. post office).

Thanks for the bandwidth,

– Ron VE3SP