[TenTec] Astron

OTAKEBI@aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 21:37:39 EST 2006

Had the same problem with my Astron.
But, get this.
It went into hum when and only when my wife turned on her  handheld hair
dryer in the master bathroom on the other side of the  house.
I never could figure that one out.
As far as rigs, both my Corsair II and OMNI V work off my Astron RS35-M,
which I have had for a number of years.
Best power source I have ever used.
I leave both rigs with the power on and switch each radio on with its  own
Airpax breaker.
I never run both rigs at the same time and I wait about 10 seconds  after I
turn on the Astron before I flip the breaker for the radio I want to  use.
You might want to call Astron. They are great to work with and most
replacement parts are easy to get.
I think Radio Shack still has the plug in IC regulator chip for a couple of
bucks.
Dan/N4VET