[TenTec] Paragon Questions - My first

Chas Nagel cnagel at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 14 21:10:26 EST 2006

Again, my Paragon came from Ten-Tec some months back with a warning label by the 9 volt battery holder. It warned against using alkaline batteries due to leakage. In my opinion only a rechargeable battery should be used following the instructions for installation in the manual.

  Charles, K0CW

Mike <gu3whn at cwgsy.net> wrote:
  I quoted directly from the Ten-Tec hand book. It follows:

"An alkaline battery will provide approximately 150 hours of backup power if
power is removed, otherwise the battery will last for its shelf life."

"When using a 9 volt Ni-Cad battery, the power should be turned on at least
3 to 4 hours per week to keep the battery trickle charged." I keep the PSU
on all the time as previously explained.

73 de Mike GU3WHN
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Questions - My first