[TenTec] Ver 2.028, maybe a problem?

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Sun Jan 15 00:44:22 EST 2006

> I also noticed during this testing that after switching back
> to CW, the first time the key is closed the RF output level
> rises very slowly to full output.

Just to clarify, this only seems to occur after having attempted to transmit
on AM (which doesn't work).  It takes about 2 seconds for the RF to reach
full output in CW --

The largest output spike I get on AM is about 20 Watts.  It then drops
immediately back to zero.  The next 2-3 stomps on the footswitch generate
much smaller and diminishing output levels.  The Orion's behavior -- on
first AM keydown -- was to go to full output and then drop the carrier back
to 25 watts automatically.  Subsequent keydowns went directly to 25 watts
(about) carrier.

So something is decidely amiss here ....

Grant/NQ5T