[TenTec] Omni Vi and DSP NIR-12

Lee A Crocker lee_crocker at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 11:03:10 EST 2006

I used a NIR 12 as well.  How I got around the delay
problem was to make a one shot 555 that acted like a
vox.  When the NIR sensed a key closure from the
keying loop, it fired the 555 which shorted the bypass
to ground.  Each key closure renewed the time out on
the 555 and finally when I was done sending the 555
timed out, and placed the NIR back in line.  The delay
was about 300 ms or so.

It worked great.  The QSK was maintained perfectly and
the additionaly filtering was present when I needed
it.

73  W9OY