[TenTec] Giehl's documentation for Paragon Software Enhancement Kit

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at arrl.net
Tue Jan 17 13:23:29 EST 2006

I know some of you were looking for Paragon Software Enhancement Kit
manual pages (by Giehl Electronics) to put in your Paragon Manual. I had
typed these into a Word Document and formatted them to basically appear
very similar to the originals in case I lost my manual.. I couldn't help
but fix a few of the typos, etc., but other than that it is what you
would have received when you bought the Giehl chip. Hopefully I am not
breaking a copyright donating these retyped pages to original Giehl chip
owners.... the original text indicates that the Enhancement kit itself
is copyrighted even though the pages themselves do not.
If you have a Giehl chip in your Paragon but lost your documentation
send me an email with "Send Giehl Text" in subject and I'll send a MS
Word formatted document to you. If you don't have Microsoft Word you can
download a free Word viewer from a Microsoft site (use Google). This
link might work for you:

www.*microsoft*.com/office/000/*viewer*s.asp

Please use this re-typed document for your personal use ONLY. Remember
the content of  this re-typed document is really the property of Jack
Giehl, WB8BFS. His website is:
http://home.fuse.net/jg/

Jack's "Giehl Chip for the Ten-Tec Paragon" link is still on his page
but that link seems to be broken.

73,

Jerry, KG6TT
Fairfield, CA