[TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?

Randy Russe3ll lord_russell53 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 15:18:23 EST 2006

Palstar tuners are the best tuners currently
manufactured on the commercial market. The 1500cv is a
T compared to your previous L's.  When you compare the
two on your windom, which by design stays relatively
low in swr range for multi-band use, you might not see
the difference or advantage.  Have you tried comparing
the two on any Hi-Z loads? Or low Z loads? Maybe you
would see a bit more of a difference.  Have no
experience with the T type myself.  Currently use a
Johnson Matchbox or another homebrew Kilowatt link
coupled balanced design I have. It's faster, I think,
to just go too my cheat sheet numbers, hit the tune
button on the Omni,  and operate, than it is to tune
up an "L" anew each time. I'm able to get a 1:1 swr
anywhere, on any band, with no baluns and the lowest
loss possible from a tuner on my 140 foot dipole, 600
ohm open wire feed.  Next time maybe try the Palstar
1500 Balanced tuner! 73s