[TenTec] Editing

root [knesbitt] knesbitt at nucleus.com
Fri Jan 20 02:12:22 EST 2006

Q:
I currently have a feed-thru PVC pipe transitioning through the basement
wall containing 2 runs of LMR-400.
These runs extend through the entrance port, into a junction box
outside, and up the wall via a 4" PVC service stack feeding the
antennas. What would happen to the characteristics of the balanced
ladder line were I to install a run down the stack (10') and through the
wall, in close proximity and parallel to the two coaxial runs? Would
these additional parallel conductors unbalance the lines and cause the
ladder-line to radiate?

Kirb,  VE6IV