[TenTec] What makes the 238 good or any other tuner good?

Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX RMcGraw at Blomand.Net
Sun Jan 22 16:22:49 EST 2006

Folks, lets look at the REAL numbers:

RG-213 length = 100 ft
Frequency = 10 MHz
SWR = 30:1  {thus load Z = 1500 ohms}
100 watts in results in 31.5 watts out

RG-58 length = 100 ft  <Do you actually dare to use the stuff?>
Frequency = 10 MHz
SWR = 30:1 {thus load Z = 1500 ohms}
100 watts in results in 17.4 watts out

Yes it is a waste of power but hey, it's not a bad as some prophesize.

73
Bob, K4TAX