[TenTec] Orion II Tuning Questions

Ken Waites BARBIEKENW at peoplepc.com
Thu Jan 26 15:38:42 EST 2006

It is incorrect to apply analog paradygms to a digital device.  Buffers have to be  reloaded, instructions must be executed to
draw the picture on the display.  Actually the display is something I seldom use since I have never been able to make any
decisions based on the display -- but that is an aside.  The finer the detail displayed, the more instructions to display it.

Would you be willing to pay for a faster computer so you can spin the knobs and see no perceptible delay?  Is that something you are
always doing?  How many dollars would that be worth?

But in fact, as long as there is a computer, all you will do is shorten the delay,
you will never eliminate it.  How much delay is too much?  1 second?  1/10 of a second?  1/100 of a second?  Assume your cost will
double each time you go up a notch.  How much is it worth to you?

Ken K5WK