[TenTec] More help needed on Shure 450

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Sun Jul 2 11:34:08 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 10:00 -0400, OTAKEBI at aol.com wrote:
> Thanks to all who replied.
> I found information on Shure web site but need more information.
> Seems from what I can get from the web site that the color code is as
> follows:
> White = mic
> Green = ground
> Shield = should go to same pin on OMNI V as green wire.
> This leaves two wires:
> Red and Black.
> Shure says that the Red and Black wires control an external  relay.
> Seems they are to activate the OMNI V relay and one of them should go to  pin
> #3 on the OMNI V.
> Question is which one?

It doesn't matter which one, so long as the other goes to ground. The
switch is floating so it can be wired for more applications. Though I'm
fairly sure the radio needs a ground on PTT to transmit, so hook red to
PTT and black to ground or the other way around. Either will work.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,